This guy is Satan. I did a Google photo search for “satan pictures” – let me tell you, there is some really demonic stuff out there. I thought about posting one of them, but then I would permanently have some ugly dude with horns affixed to my awesome blog site. What a drag!
But none of it scares me. Not the slightest. Why should it? Recently I tweeted that I like to envision Satan having a shrill, high-pitched, helium-enhanced voice, rather than the dark, deep, intimidating voice that is often attributed to him. Some Facebook comments blamed THAT on Disney ;-)
A co-worker of mine seemed a little surprised when I mentioned that for the life of me I cannot think of a reason to be afraid of Satan. Or anything representing evil, for that matter. Think I’m naive?
- God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and sound mind
- I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil – for You (God) are with me
- The same power that conquered the grave lives in me
- The cross before me, the world behind me
- Resist Satan and he will flee
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
- Put on the full armor of God so that you can stand your ground when the day of evil comes
- If my God is with me – whom then should I fear?
- Sin has no power
- Hell has no power
- Satan has no power
So again I ask why I should fear this guy? I’m not even sure I can offer a healthy respect. Nothing has power that isn’t first yielded power. So, I yield Satan or evil no power over my life. I yield my life daily to Christ – I have no capacity then for fear. So – yeah – not even shaking in my little space boots. Not one bit.
What do you think?